hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Tuesday 16 April 2013

Travelling light...

you can make and sew and stitch anywhere...all you need is a big plastic box (I know...not attractive...but very practical!)...your selection of fabrics...needles...threads...scissors and delicious pincushion (of course!)...and you can get creative where-so-ever you travel...or if you're out for coffee (it's a bit like breastfeeding in public..get used to strange looks!)





and just look how many felted wool rose brooches I was able to make...

we've had a blissful little holiday staying with wonderful Grandparents...with Swiss cousins and Sis-in-Law we had a fine time..so lovely just to be away from home and all the usual chores and "creative mess"...and to spend time with loved ones...tho' it is always a strange contrast with our tranquil countryside as we headed into the buzz of the urban life of London ...


the highlight for me was travelling on the Tube...reminds me of when I was young and carefree...it's soo exiting to be surrounded by all kinds of people from all over the world...and then the DLR (Docklands Light Railway)...and a driverless train!!

and food is never far away...Grandma's fondue set was put to good use with a genuine Swiss chocolate and strawberry fondue orgy...
mmm...can you just taste that strawberry and choc combo...


















4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

I love your rose brooches and I am impressed how you manage to make them while travelling. I notice in your shop that you had a detachable westie brooch on one of your lovely handbags. Would you be able to make another westie brooch that I can buy?
Great views of London and the fondue looks delicious!
Sarah x

sweetpea family said...

I love your brooches I know about funny looks I took some knitting away with me last year - picture me on a Neilsen Active holiday on a sun bed knitting - it was bliss but I suppose it did look odd x

Emma Wigginton said...

Thanks for the lovely comments and I'd be so pleased to make you a brooch Sarah! will email you back to arrange Emmax

Emma Wigginton said...

That's a great thought!! I used to knit up mountains too...nothing like a bit of extreme knitting! perhaps we should start a club....Emmax